Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Jody's Quote of the Week!

Every week Jody Hahn starts and ends her classes with a thought-provoking quote. Here is last week’s quote:

"Put your heart, mind, intellect and soul even to your smallest act. This is the secret to success." Swami Sivananda

And here's what Jody has to say about it:

"I guess this begs the question: Can you be totally present in all that you do? Giving your full attention to everything? The examples I used in class last week were: Cooking and eating your food (or do you surf the web or look at a magazine like me)? Having a conversation and giving that person 100% heart, mind, intellect, soul? I tried last week to be very present in these three ways. It was challenging at first but got easier. I realized my impulses. To grab for a magazine or make a list while eating; to look around while having a conversation. Then what happened was interesting, when I just kept focused I relaxed and it became easier. Try it yourself if you want. Pick a couple of things that you do and give it your heart, mind, intellect and soul and see what happens.So that is my interpretation of the quote. What's yours? I'd love to read any other thoughts."

1 comment:

  1. Jody, you are a beautiful person with a great gift. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete